I’ve always wanted to start my own blog and stay dedicated to it. I started writing when I was 16, that’s when I realized I was pretty good at it. After years of putting off the idea of serious blogging, here I am with my blog, Random Plethora. There was a fair amount of thought process involved in the inception of Random Plethora. I couldn’t think of anything specific to write about. I didn’t want to be tied to a specific category. I wanted to discover myself. That’s when I thought of blogging about random things, mostly lifestyle, entertainment and career. I loved my idea and this led to the birth of my baby, Random Plethora. Here are 5 reasons why I have started Random Plethora.
- An idle mind is not always the devil’s workshop: I am currently a student pursuing post-graduation. I wanted to do something more than getting a degree in business. Writing was something close to my heart and blogging seemed like a good place to start. Blogging had many pros like free blog space on word press and the potential to earn a fair income. I thought of giving it a try, that’s how Random Plethora came into being. An idle mind is not always the devil’s workshop. Some of the best ideas hit you when you are idle and least expect it.
- Put my knowledge to practice: I recently completed an internship with an up and coming e-commerce website. I worked mainly as a content writer for them. While working there, I learned new things like SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and effective usage of word press. I wanted to use what I had learned during my brief stint at that company. Starting my own blog would help me apply the knowledge I gained from the internship.
- Inspiration Overdose: During my internship I was asked to make a list of Indian bloggers who would be willing to promote the company’s products and services. I googled all the top bloggers in India like Harsh Agarwal and Pradeep Kumar. I read their stories and how they turned a mere hobby into a business. Not just this I even checked out top international bloggers like Perez Hilton and Arianna Huffington. I was inspired to the core.
- Potential Income Generator: I won’t lie, I did think about the income part of blogging. I’ve read interviews of some popular bloggers. They all said they had started blogging as a hobby. I am not so convinced by their answers but will still give them the benefit of doubt. Blogging can be a potential income generator but not for everyone. People around the world are blogging and vying for attention. I still wanted to try my hand at it. Like they say, you’ll never know unless you try.
- Passion for Writing: I have a flair for writing especially creative writing. I wish to write a book someday. For now I don’t think writing and publishing a book would be possible. I still have so much to learn. Till then, blogging could be my sincere attempt at self-discovery and honing my writing ability.
I don’t know the fate of Random Plethora but I will try to reach out to as many readers as I can. Through my blog I will express my views on several topics related to lifestyle, entertainment, social media etc.
Give Random Plethora a chance and it will exceed your expectations.
Images sourced from: screenwritingstandard.com, cdn.techtage.com, img2.wikia.nocookie.net, kikolani.com, imagineimmortality.files.wordpress.com