Ah! This backache is killing me! I’ve been motionless for hours and this cushioned chair is no good. A desk job can make you feel lifeless like a stationed rock (At least in my case). What I like is moving around, exploring places, meeting new people and living life to the fullest. To my dismay, I will have to wait till I get a real job. You guessed it, I am jobless (by my own free will). I am pursuing post graduate studies in Business Management and hope to do an MBA in Marketing thereafter. At this point, the only activity that captures my interest is ‘Blogging’.
I was a Social Media intern for a month. I wrote blog posts for my employers and made quick money. I was introduced to the term SEO (Search Engine Optimization) wherein efforts are made to get search engine visibility. I learned more than I had expected because of my sometimes annoying ‘Know it all attitude’. My brief stint as an intern fueled my blogging aspiration. I created Random Plethora (my baby!) months later on impulse. I was confused because I didn’t know what to write about. I wrote filler posts (Posts that are written for the heck of it) every alternate day. Soon I understood the true meaning of blogging and waited till I had something to say. Blog topics came easy to me after my predicament to post only when I wanted to.
Here are 3 ways how I get my blog ideas:
1. I search for inspiration in everything.
Inspiration is everywhere, you have to realize it. You need to be far sighted and look beyond your regular routine. I am here complaining about how agonizing a sedentary job is. Let’s try to find inspiration in this. I am expressing negativity towards my work which also makes me recognize the positive aspects of other related and unrelated things. Here are the inspiring blog ideas I get from this,
- 10 Billionaires I Admire
- How To Get Inspired
- Why I Want To Be Rich
- Law of Attraction (Check my post on this topic by following the link)
Basis: When you are unhappy with your work there is a sudden outburst of frustration. This eventually culminates into ambition. You wish you didn’t work for others and had something of your own, like a business. You start searching self-made billionaires like Mark Zucherberg and Warren Buffet. Be open to be inspired. A worthy blog post can get you Freshly Pressed. (Check my post on How To Get Freshly Pressed)
2. I read what other bloggers have to say.
There is so much to learn from our fellow bloggers. When you think you know everything, life puts you in a tight situation. There are times when you are going through a writer’s block. Why not gather ideas? Read through other blogs. If you enjoyed reading something, comment and appreciate the blogger. Follow bloggers with potential and encourage them. Interact with your followers. They might suggest you topics directly or give you blog-worthy ideas.
I keep checking WordPress Reader for interesting posts. My blog post ’20 Things You Didn’t Know About Kim Kardashian’ came to me after I read a post about Kim being one of the most searched celebs on the internet.
3. I write when I want to say something
Sometimes you have strong opinions about certain subjects. You experience extreme feelings of like or dislike. These experiences can be turned into thought provoking blog posts. Here are a few imaginary examples,
- You go out for a quick snack and notice the deterioration in the quality of fast food. You are extremely disappointed so you write a blog post stating your opinion about it.
- Your friend owns a beautiful Siberian Husky. You are in awe of its mesmerizing blue/brown eyes and furry coat. What do you do next? Write about how much you admire Huskies.
- Your boyfriend/girlfriend broke your heart and you feel devastated. Blog about it, whether you want to get personal or not is up to you.
- You recently purchased a new DSLR and you are stunned by its performance and picture quality so write about your experience at handling it. Your review article can be useful to many.
It’s easy to come up with blog ideas if you follow these 3 ways. I would like to know how you get your blog ideas in the comments below.
Featured Image Credit: www.digitalsherpa.com