Falling in love can make you a millionaire, don’t believe me? People like Nicholas Sparks (Writer and Novelist), Bruno Mars (Musician and Vocalist) and Adele (Vocalist) seem to know the secret to banking on this funny thing called ‘love’. Love is a universal language. Everyone’s been there and done that. It is human nature to love and be attracted to love. Love songs top the charts, romantic novels sell, passionate movies capture the audience and blog posts about love get more views. But the burning question here is, how do some people cash on this innate and beautiful feeling?
Love changes people (See 5 Things I Learned From Love). It is a teacher just like life. Besides bringing you face-to-face with some thought-provoking situations and lessons, love awakens the artist and the thinker in you. Fall in love and you will discover a ‘New You’. Nicholas Sparks had no idea he would pen some of the most heart-touching stories like ‘A Walk To Remember’ and ‘The Notebook’. He always had a penchant for writing since the early days but his love for Cathy Cote (His Wife) inspired him to spin tales that the readers couldn’t help but adore.
Move over literature and we can’t ignore the likes of Bruno Mars and Adele, both sharing a common connection, their music which is excessively flavored with love, passion and heart-break.
Bruno Mars says what every woman wants to hear.
“When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change cause’ you’re amazing just the way you are.
And when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while cause’ girl you’re amazing just the way you are.”
Adele is not far behind though a majority of her songs highlight her attempt at coping with a painful heart-break in the past. From what I’ve read so far, Adele, in her younger days, was in love with a man much older than her. He broke her heart and found someone new. The songstress poured her heart out in her song, ‘Someone Like You’. Her entire ’21’ album was a reminiscence of her failed relationship and you know what, that album was her claim to fame. Meaningful lyrics, a soulful voice mixed with the solvent called ‘love’ made this woman a millionaire.
Same with Nicholas Sparks whose books were all best sellers. Eight of them were adapted to movies and appreciated by viewers. As for Bruno Mars, women wish they had someone like him and men wish they could be more like him (to please their lovelies). Mars is rich and famous, what more could he want?
Falling in love can make you a millionaire, yes I mean it. Judging from the above cases, love can awaken your dormant talents and abilities. Here are 5 talents you never knew you had until you fell in love.
1. Love evokes the ‘Poet’ in you: When you read that Shakespearean poetry in Literature class, you didn’t have the slightest clue that there was a poet inside you. Love makes you feel all mushy and some of you realize your poetic quotient.
2. Love brings out the ‘Lyricist’ in you: You’ve been listening to love songs all your life but your devotion to your lover inspires you to write heart-warming lyrics that only you and your lover understand.
3. Love helps you recognize the ‘Writer’ in you: Not just Nicholas Sparks, you can write too. May be not about everything, but about love and romance, I’m sure you can.
4. Love polishes the ‘Actor’ in you: All this while, you knew you could act. If not, how would you be able to make up excuses for being late to work and still look so convincing? Love polishes your acting skills. Telling your better-half a fake story to avoid a fight needs some sharp acting skills.
5. Love teaches you to ‘Dance’: To be more precise, love brings out the Ballroom Dancer in you. Dance is a form of expression and ballroom dance is how a couple expresses their relationship and compatibility.
If you recognize your love-gifted talents and put them to use, you too can create wonders. Falling in love can indeed make you a millionaire.